Head of Customer Support, HR(Senior Role)
12 Month FTC(subject to review)
Grafton Exclusive Role
Grafton HR is delighted to be exclusively assisting our client, a large NI organisation with the recruitment of a Head of Customer Support, HR, on a 12 month fixed term contract(subject to review).
Working as a key strategic HR resource, the role will be responsible for ensuring that all HR developments are aimed at providing the business with pro-active and timely best practice HR services, in order to support the delivery of operational business strategy.
You will work with the HR Leadership team to formulate and drive the HR strategy, utilising best fit governance frameworks while ensuring that customer requirements are met at all times.
- Develop in partnership with the Head of HR and other stakeholders a HR strategy and its ongoing review and implementation;
- Understand the HR / people impacts of business unit strategy and develop / implement HR initiatives in order to meet these requirements
- Understand and identify the people related impacts in relation to changing strategic context that the business operates in - in conjunction with the senior HR team develop and implement appropriate strategic HR interventions
- Support the Head of HR in the development of an appropriate Workforce Development Strategy aligned to the attainment of the Strategic Business Plan
Organisational Design & Change
- Support the HR Leadership team and wider business managers implement the change management programme to bring about effective organisational change
HR Solutions / Initiatives
- Sets high standards of HR excellence and develops appropriate key performance indicators to monitor HR performance on a regular basis
- Agrees and implements creative / innovative HR solutions to business issues / problems
- Ensures that tailored HR solutions / expertise is delivered to obtain maximum business impact
- Oversee the HR Advisory Team and HR Managers to identify solutions and action plans to address people related challenges associated with the delivery of business unit strategy
HR Service Delivery
- Implement the highest standards of HR Service delivery in relation to Recruitment, Discipline and Grievances, performance management, absence management, and reporting.
- Extend the HR advisory model to provide best practice support to line managers in all people management matters affecting them
- Support the development of HR KPI's to monitor and drive performance improvement in service delivery
- Continue the development of a workforce plan aligned with business needs and known future requirements
- Undertake regular reporting and identify trends for future recruitment to include apprentices and graduates
- Review workforce plan and assess business transformation implications to understand and manage future recruitment balanced against redeployments, exits and other manpower planning techniques
- Ensures the resolution of all HR resource issues, working with resourcing specialists both internal and external
Team / People Management
- Provides leadership to reporting functions
- Coaches staff in HR disciplines where appropriate
- Shares experiences and expertise with reporting teams
- Regularly undertakes reviews with the HR team and the business
- Provides leadership to project teams, working on specific HR solutions
- Chartered Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) or Associate Membership with a requirement to achieve Chartered Membership within 2 years of appointment.
- Three years' experience working within a multi-disciplined, multi-sited organisation employing in excess of 1,000 staff, to include experience of:
- Providing excellent customer service
- Practical application of employment legislation and providing best practice advice
- Practical application of grievance & discipline and/or bullying and harassment policies and procedures
- Recruitment and selection
- Attendance Management
- Equality reporting
- Full current driving license that enables you to drive in Northern Ireland or access to a form of transport that will enable you to meet the requirements of the post in full.
- Experience of reviewing and improving HR systems and processes and policy;
- Experience of managing internal HR IT systems and processes.
Highly competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with a role of this level
To apply, please contact Richard McFarland(Assoc. CIPD) at Grafton HR for immediate consideration and shortlisting on 07773197121 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
GRAFTON HR - CIPD AWARD WINNERS 2016 - MOST EFFECTIVE RECRUITMENT STRATEGY