Senior HR Officer - Belfast - Competitive salary
Grafton HR is pleased to be representing a global manufacturer based in Belfast, with the appointment of a newly created role of Senior HR Officer.
This will be on an initial 3 month temporary basis with view to moving permanent thereafter.
Reporting to the HR Business Partner, the role is responsible for providing a quality HR advisory and generalist support to the Belfast site, as well as providing support to other company sites in the UK.
The successful candidate will be involved in HR related tasks including;
Recruitment & Selection,
Discipline and Grievance
The Senior HR Officer will be a point of contact for a multi - site client group and be tasked with developing partnerships with managers, and employees on HR related topics.
The Senior HR Officer will ensure compliance in relation to the Equality Commission legislation and be the advisor on HR policies & procedures.
The role requires a pragmatic approach and ability to work both proactively and reactively to ensure the needs of the business are met whilst maintaining a positive attitude.
- Advise on policies and procedures
- Assist and provide the teams with a high degree of professional advice and guidance on issues relating to disciplinary, grievance, performance management, absence management.
- Perform admin around the outsourced managed payroll service and assist line managers in maintenance of the time and attendance system.
- Manage end to end recruitment in house, include placing adverts, short listing, interviewing, and job offers
- Maintenance and admin of HR databases including new start and leaver administration and inductions.
- Responsibility for administration of benefits schemes for all employees
- Be support for diverse workforce and manage visa and work permit processes/approvals in conjunction with external legal support
Experience / Qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years' working as an HR Advisor / HR Officer.
- Experience or working within a global company culture, with matrix structure would be an advantage.
- CIPD qualified
- Be a pro-active "self-starter" and work well without supervision as well as being a team player
- Experience of working in a face paced multi-tasking manufacturing environment
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal. organisational skills to be able to establish credibility as a true business partner
- Payroll admin experience advantageous
- Strong attention to detail
- MS Office and Outlook Experience
The role will require travel to other UK sites, therefore its essential that anyone applying is comfortable with this aspect of the role.
- Competitive salary commensurate with a role of this level
- Discount scheme
- Private Medical / Dental healthcare
- 33 days annual holiday entitlement
- 5 hour working week - early finish on Fridays
To apply, please speak to Ryan Calvert (Assoc. CIPD) on 07725825693 or apply via email on email@example.com
GRAFTON HR - CIPD NI 2017 Headline Sponsor