Grafton Technology are currently recruiting for a Senior Infrastructure Consultant
Our client, a market leading consultancy based in Belfast. With an expected headcount increase of 50% this year alone this company is definitely one to watch. This is the company which many IT professionals aspire to work with during their career.
Over the last two years they have grown significantly as they have won a series of major contracts with organisations across the UK and Ireland. What sets them apart from other consultancies is that they have some of the most talented people, including IT engineers, sales professionals, and project managers in Northern Ireland. This is very much a long term career move and will open doors to opportunities not attainable elsewhere in Northern Ireland.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING…
To provide problem analysis and support to our internal and external customer base and help determine customer needs; to install, maintain, operate, and configure computer hardware and software both internally and on customer sites; and to provide a variety of technical duties as required.
- Experience of VMware ESX server platforms
- Experience of installing and configuring Exchange Server - 2003, 2007, 2010
- Experience of EMC SAN solutions; Installing, configuring and troubleshooting
- Experience of installing and configuring high level Citrix Solutions
- Experience of installing and configuring Windows 2008
- Experience of installing and configuring ISA Server and TMG 2010
- Experience of Microsoft SQL Server and/or SharePoint and/or MOM to latest version
- Experience of installing and supporting wide-area networking equipment or other communications equipment.
- Experience of computer security systems and knowledge of the products currently available.
- Experience of working with Novell Netware, UNIX or other non-Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the principles and methods of computer configuration and operations.
- Knowledge and experience of designing complex technical solutions
- A sound knowledge of general networking principles and TCP/IP
- Knowledge and experience of the principles of data communications standards and implementation
- A sound working knowledge of PC and Server hardware including DELL and HP, SUN, XP and Windows 7
- Familiarity with desktop operating systems and a variety of application software.
- Knowledge and experience in formal project management and service delivery best practice procedures.
While we appreciate you may not have experience in all of these areas, we will be looking for detailed experience within several areas matched with relevant qualifications.
Education and Qualifications, one or more of the following:
- VMware qualifications
- Citrix qualifications
- EMC qualifications
- Microsoft qualifications, MCSE or higher
- Cisco qualifications, CCNA or higher
Training and Development
Internal training on products and services will be provided. However, the successful candidate will also be expected to consistently keep abreast of new developments, which would impact on his/her areas of responsibility. This open opportunity for skill-set development is backed up by company sponsored training courses and industry certifications.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Dominic McCann at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.