Our client is one of Ireland's success stories. They are an innovative and progressive organisation with a significant investment in Technology. They have huge plans for growth in 2017 and seek to add a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join their established team.
This key position focuses on the support of these services for the Group, with a primary operational focus on Ireland and the UK, but with an ever increasing focus on other global sites. The role will provide the opportunity for travel to other company sites on a business needs basis.
The successful candidate will be based at the group's operational centre for email, internet, anti-virus and IT Asset Management services. There will be a primary operational focus on Northern Ireland but will also cover worldwide support (20 days travel per year). You will report directly to the Group Infrastructure Manager, who has responsibility for all strategic/tactical decisions regarding Infrastructure implementation.
- Negotiation of licensing and support contracts with IT suppliers
- Approving the specification of IT purchases across the group
- Project based implementation of Group Corporate Solutions including Hyper V, VMWare and Exchange
- Planning and implementation of Network Architecture across the group, including configuration and support of VPN tunnels.
- Disaster Recovery planning and testing.
- Escalation support of Win2008/2012 servers at Group Sites in Ireland, UK and Worldwide.
- Backup Administration (Symantec Backup Exec and Veeam)
- Anti-virus Administration (Symantec Endpoint Protection)
- Email & Internet Administration (Exchange 2013)
- Helpdesk Administration Software Licence Administration
- IT Asset Management Administration
- Win 7/Win 8 Desktop Support
- Working knowledge of Server Hardware, Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, Virtualisation, Exchange and Cisco networking
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage effectively at all levels of the business
- A current driver's license and own transport is required
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Michael Rosbotham at Grafton Technology on 02890242824.