Senior Lead Electrical/Electronic Engineer
Salary: Market Leading salary and benefits package, plus annual bonus
Grafton recruitment has been retained to recruit a Senior Lead Electrical/Electronic Engineer for a Global leader within the Utilities sector. The company is recognised globally for their expertise in this field and is widely known as an excellent employer.
They are seeking an innovative professional to join their technology domain area which is class leading diagnostic and monitoring equipment for Electricity distribution, including Dissolved Gas Analysis, high speed FPGA based monitoring electronics and the software infrastructure necessary to build a distributed monitoring environment for a variety of worldwide customers.
The Senior Lead Engineer is expected to lead the Electrical/Electronic team with a focus on the development of state of the art monitoring & diagnostic technology, and be an inspiration to the Engineers. You will be the most senior member of the team. This is an excellent role if you are looking to have a lead role and be actively hands on with the development of a team of engineers.
The successful candidate is expected to have knowledge of some/all of the following:
Power Electronics, Analogue Design, Schematics, Microprocessors, FPGAs, PCBAs, SCADA, EMC, CE Approval, Full product lifecycle.
Candidates are not expected to have expertise in all of the above areas however if you cover the majority of these then they would be interested in speaking with you!
- Provide leadership and technical direction to assigned personnel, driving best practice across projects.
- Ensure appropriate training, development tools and processes are available and employed across the department to maintain required skill levels and capabilities.
- Analyse project requirements and accordingly provide technical and functional recommendations for electrical & electronic aspects.
- Optimally partitioning solutions across hardware/firmware and software.
- Implementing PCB-level products, including layout and validation.
- Provide support in system acceptance testing and validation activities.
- Assisting in Compliance (EMC, CE, CSA, UL)
- Review and recommend improvements to existing system designs.
- Recommend new technologies to improve system performance and reliability.
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic/Power Electronic or other applicable degree level engineering based discipline.
- A solid understanding of analogue and digital design.
- Demonstrated skills in product development and product innovation, preferably in a highly regulated environment.
- Demonstrate previous success working in a team based environment to meet objectives.
- Proven experience of mentoring and developing graduates with the desire to contribute to the growth of a dynamic team;
- Creating complex multi-layer PCB with multiple design interfaces including RF, digital, FPGA, power supply and mixed signal circuitry.
- Experience of industry standard PCB CAD packages, ideally Altium Designer.
- Experience in design for EMC.
- Exposure to a hard real-time system.
This is an exceptional opportunity with a global leading firm offering top end salary and career progression with bonus.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333 or 07976985386.