Senior Lead Engineer - Dublin
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking a Senior Lead Engineer for a 3 year contact with our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. Our client is looking to recruit an experienced IT Project Manager to work in their Corporate Applications Department.
*Only candidates who are legally entitled to work in Ireland and meet the criteria will be considered for this position.
The team now requires a senior client engineer responsible for ensuring that transmission projects are developed in accordance with my clients statutory obligations, standards and policies. A core part of this role will involve the issuing of functional and technical specifications to customers and completing onsite inspection and monitoring of construction progress for compliance to ensure transmission assets can be commissioned in accordance with our standards.
The successful candidate will have substation design expertise and will be able to assess substation designs for conformity to standards and requirements at 110/220/400Kv. An ability to solve problems which arise in relation to substation design and onsite inspections is required. This role also requires that technical queries raised during projects are dealt with in accordance with TSO standards and policies and are closed out efficiently. An ability to work closely as the sole Technical representative on demand and renewable projects by engaging with customer contractors and supporting the clients project manager is key.
An important aspect of this role is a requirement to exercise expert technical judgement to ensure that the appropriate technical standards are being adhered to on specific projects and to consult internally across the business as required to solve problems and deliver projects for customers.
- Responsible for working at a senior level within TEM to deliver key national transmission infrastructure projects from capital approval through to energisation and for providing technical review on input to Customer Advanced Work Packages and Contracts.
- Ensure that contestable projects are carried out in a manner which meets the clients requirements by:
- Reviewing and comparing submitted detailed designs against clients functional requirements and outline designs
- Onsite inspection and monitoring of construction progress for compliance with clients standards, functional requirements and outline designs
- Ensure developments are commissioned to comply with the client requirements by:
- Producing and issuing commissioning instructions
- Verifying transmission system requirements are met to allow commissioning tests to proceed.
- Attend demand and renewable customer meetings as sole technical representative throughout project life cycle. Engage with customer contractors to ensure that technical queries raised during project are dealt with in accordance with TSO standards and policies and issues are closed out efficiently.
- Engage with New Connections & Transmission Projects project managers to ensure technical deliverables on projects are achieved and support project managers in interactions on projects with vendors, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Provide technical direction and assistance across the organisation on own projects and to team members and junior staff and act as a team representative when required.
- Ensure internal procedures are robust and effectively result in required outcomes
- Review and introduce new tools and technologies; develop and implement procedures as required to effectively deliver transmission projects.
- Proactively manage the work of external client engineering consultants for own projects.
- Identify, evaluate and develop possible solutions to risks and issues arising on projects and escalate as necessary.
- Making decisions impacting the Grid Development department within the objectives and strategy guidelines of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering degree with a minimum 5-10 years' experience in the delivery of 110/220/400kV transmission assets.
- Transmission Substation design expertise with experience assessing substation designs for conformity to standards at 110/220/400Kv.
- Experience working with and implementing CENELEC standards pertaining to substation design, overhead Lines and power cable systems.
- Awareness of requisite functional and technical standards. Which are provided to TAO, Generator, Demand and IPP customers.
- Experience completing onsite inspection and monitoring of construction progress for compliance to ensure transmission assets can be commissioned in accordance with standards.
- Experience preparing and issuing transmission design drawings, such as single line diagrams, substation layout drawings, protection schematics and interlocking drawings, etc.
- Proven ability to track and monitor key tasks and to take responsibility for own deliverables.
- Proven ability to provide technical input to project managers and customers to track and monitor key tasks and take responsibility for own technical deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Commercial awareness with strong vendor management skills.
- Full driver's license.