Job Title - Senior Lead Engineer
The Client: Grafton Recruitment is a specialist in the provision of temporary and permanent staffing solutions to clients nationwide. We currently have an 11 month contract vacancy for a Senior Lead Engineer in Dublin City.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers.
The Role: Senior Lead Engineer
This role is within the New Connections team where the successful candidate will perform lead engineering and project management assignments required to meet key departmental objectives including the planning and delivery of new electricity infrastructure for the connection of power generation and demand customer facilities.
- Responsible for leading and project managing a range of complex, large scale technical and commercial projects, involving the connection of customer facilities.
- Taking ownership of project delivery from project initiation to energisation and completion (project close). Assist in determining project objectives, project charter and scope.
- Working to agreed targets and objectives contributing to the regulated targets of the organisation, meeting stakeholder needs and satisfying company requirements.
- Using advanced project management techniques, coordinating a wide range of activities and inputs from other professionals including technical & engineering, environmental management, communications, public & stakeholder relations, vendor management, finance and procurement. Considered judgement based on analytical thought required. Problems may require an innovative approach.
- Monitoring contractual aspects of customer connections ensuring that liabilities are adhered to and provisions met.
- Working with other members of the team and other departments, including the Programme Management Office, to ensure that project controls are in order having regard to budgets, schedule, quality, risk and activity monitoring and providing regular up to date and accurate reports on projects. Projects will be delivered to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Providing technical direction and assistance to team members and junior staff acting as a leader and team representative when required.
- Supporting the manager and team lead in organising work to successfully deliver goals.
- Representing company policy to external parties and stakeholders.
- Developing and reviewing internal procedure and New Connections documentation for quality and accuracy prior to management approval.
- Communicating improvements to current practices relating to organisational processes, new initiatives within the industry and with key stakeholders. Leading internal and external working groups to bring about change within the regulatory and legal environment.
- Co-ordinating and reviewing the work of external consultants for projects.
- Builds effective relationships dealing with multiple stakeholders and managing customer interface including progress meetings, reporting, relationship management, coordination and general communication.
- Identifying, evaluating and developing possible solutions to risks and issues arising on projects and escalating as necessary to senior members of the team and the manager.
- Making decisions impacting the Development & Interconnection department within the objectives and strategy guidelines of the organisation.
- Facilitating review, assessment and auditing by internal and external parties and putting in place remedial or improvement measures as may be deemed necessary.
- Engineering degree or equivalent, typically with 5 to 7 years relevant experience.
- Excellent technical project management skills.
- Ability to lead and take responsibility for medium/large projects with budgets up to €10m.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm and ability to understand and influence, where necessary, stakeholder requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Full drivers licence.
- Strong communication skills with an emphasis on effective report writing with an ability to communicate technical issues clearly and effectively.
- Experience in working with bespoke processes and procedures.
Substantial package available.
Opportunity to apply to permanent positions within the company.
Salary range is in the region of €60k-€70k depending on level of experience
Why use Grafton? We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Walkinstown branch on 01-4505288 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.