Lead Engineer/Project Manager
Salary: 55,000 to 60,000 Euro
Grafton Construction recruitment has been retained to recruit a Lead Engineer/Project Manager for a leading Irish Energy and Utilities firm based in Dublin. This is a 3 year fixed term contract initially, based on a grid development project.
The company is nationally recognised and is committed to delivering high quality services to all customers, including generators, suppliers and consumers, across the high voltage electricity system and via the efficient operation of the wholesale power market. It puts in place the grid infrastructure needed to support competition in energy, to promote economic growth, to facilitate more renewable energy, and to provide essential services.
The New Connections team is responsible for the delivery of power generation and demand customer connections to the transmission system. This includes the delivery of transmission works for power generation and demand customer connections at distribution voltage levels.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the cutting edge of transmission network development while actively contributing to the achievement of national policy on the integration of renewable energy, new technologies, increased competition in the energy sector and enhanced security of supply.
This role is within the New Connections team where the successful candidate will perform lead engineering and project management assignments required to meet key departmental objectives including the planning and delivery of new electricity infrastructure for the connection of power generation and demand customer facilities.
- Responsible for leading and project managing a range of complex, large scale technical and commercial projects, involving the connection of customer facilities to the national grid.
- Taking ownership of project delivery from project initiation to energisation and completion (project close). Assist in determining project objectives, project charter and scope.
- Working to agreed targets and objectives contributing to the regulated targets of the organisation, meeting stakeholder needs and satisfying company requirements.
- Using advanced project management techniques, coordinating a wide range of activities and inputs from other professionals including technical & engineering, environmental management, communications, public & stakeholder relations, vendor management, finance and procurement. Considered judgment based on analytical thought required. Problems may require an innovative approach.
- Monitoring contractual aspects of customer connections ensuring that liabilities are adhered to and provisions met.
- Developing and reviewing internal procedure and New Connections documentation for quality and accuracy prior to management approval.
- Identifying, evaluating and developing possible solutions to risks and issues arising on projects and escalating as necessary to senior members of the team and the manager.
- Engineering Degree or equivalent
- 5-7 relevant experience
- Technical project management experience
- Ability to lead and take responsibility for medium/large projects with budgets up to €10m
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please contact Patrick McDade 02890323333