Senior Lead Linux DBA
Dublin City (South)
The Client :
Our client is a leader in the energy field in Ireland. This is a marvellous opportunity for an experienced Linux DBA to join an interesting semi- state company that is working on some truly amazing technologies.
As part of the Group Infrastructure team , you will be taking responsibility for their area of expertise within the IS group and directly assists in the delivery on the company strategic objectives leading projects typically in the areas of Linux and databases.You will be the go - to Linux guru for all things Linux related!
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing quality Linux and database solutions within defined time scales
- Responsibility for undertaking complex technical assignments and leading work both within their own department and across the wider IS group
- Working with project teams and business users to analyse business and technical requirements
- Supporting and improving the Linux and database capability to ensure 24x7 availability
- Managing Linux and database security in accordance with industry best practice
- Performing Linux and database tuning
- Managing Back-up and Disaster Recovery of the Linux and database estate
- Analysing, planning and implementing Linux and database upgrade projects
- Identifying, prioritising and resolving Linux / database incidents and problems
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Red Hat Linux 7 Administration
- Oracle Linux Administration (5/6/7)
- Oracle Database Administration (10g/11g/12c)
- SQL Server Database Administration (2008/2012/2014)
- Implementation of Oracle/SQL Server patches and upgrade
- IT or Engineering degree or equivalent qualification complemented by 5-6 years relevant experience
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of the constraints and challenges of supporting a secure, high-availability IT environment
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to lead Linux and Database bodies of work
Why Use Grafton :
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Sarah Alexander on 01 5175040.