Senior Maintenance Engineer
Salary: 25-30k plus benefits, negotiable
Grafton Engineering recruitment has been retained by a market leading, Belfast based manufacturing firm to recruit an experienced Maintenance Engineer. This is a senior post and will involve leading a team of 3 skilled engineers.
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Senior Maintenance Engineer will work closely with all staff in each area to ensure the smooth running of core business plant, maximise the utilization of machinery and equipment, proactively work to eliminate plant downtime and make improvements to the processes.
- Comply with health and safety standards
- Complete and organise electrical and mechanical repairs to a range of production machinery.
- Carryout visual inspections of electrical equipment assess and repair
- Appropriately using and handling of electrical repair and test equipment
- To liaise with production personnel ensuring all machinery and equipment is in proper working order
- To work with Maintenance Systems to carry out weekly, monthly, 6 monthly checks on all plant and equipment
- To ensure a quick response to breakdowns and emergency callout situations
- Maintaining records of all electrical and controls
- Educated to HNC/HND or equivalent with a recognised apprenticeship in Electrical/ Mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant maintenance engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- An in depth understanding of electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Welding and fabrication skills.
- Practical understanding of PLC equipment.
- Ability to fault find with pneumatics, hydraulics, electrics and electronics.
For more information or to discuss in total confidence please call Patrick Moore on 02890 323333