I am urgently looking for a senior Management Accountant with experience as a Finance Business Partner for a long term contract in Belfast.
- Gathering information from, advising and interfacing with all Financial Business Partners for input into the month end reports to Finance Director
- Performance measurement against budget and forecast, through appropriate reporting and analysis
- Presentation of the month's financial performance both written and verbally
- Planning & preparation of Budget & Forecast process to include the co-ordination of submissions from each Directorate and Finance Business Partner and report for Finance Director
- Communicating with areas outside of Management Accounts and incorporating their input into the month end and Budget/Forecasting reports.
- Provision of advice on budget allocation and monitoring, forecasting, agreeing funded staffing posts, operating costs and capital budgets net of efficiencies, raising concerns and offering solutions
- Overseeing production of management and financial information, both monthly and on an ad hoc basis and testing all identified variances and numbers
- Co-ordinate the development of financial plans both in the longer term for strategic business plans, and in the shorter term for budgeting and forecasting
- Provide timely and accurate management information and advice to budget holders to allow effective management of their budgets and assist them in carrying out their financial duties, constructively challenging where appropriate
- Analyse, interpret and communicate financial and performance data, and provide financial advice in the form of management and board reports
- Complete financial returns and questionnaires as required
- Communicating with other areas within finance on aspects such as cash flow impacts, treatment of expenditure in public sector, application of policy etc.
- Policy development and implementation for coding, pricing, financial controls and procedures.
- Support in cost management and to move the organisation towards efficiency and effectiveness. Ability to lead on benefits realisation & tracking with the business
- Support for the business in the creation of business cases and investment appraisal
- Capital planning and management
Post qualification experience
Demonstrable experience of management reporting and business partnering
Extensive experience of financial planning
A proven ability to influence and build relationships at a Senior level
A proven ability to think strategically, anticipate problems and provide sound solutions
Advanced MS Excel usage, to include model development