Senior Offer Owner - Dublin - 3 year Fixed Term
My clients, one of the countries largest companies, are looking to recruit an experienced 'Senior Offer Owner' to join their expanding team based in Dublin 4.
The primary purpose of the role is to prepare and issue connection offers for new and existing customers connecting directly to the transmission system and those connecting indirectly to the transmission system via the distribution system.
The successful candidate will be the point of contact for customers and will also work closely with internal technical, financial and legal teams involved in the preparation of the connection contracts.
- Production and issuing of connection contracts ("offers") for generators and demand customers seeking to connect to the transmission system and the production and issuing of connection contracts to the Distribution System Operator for generators seeking to connect to the distribution system.
- Reviewing complex technical, project delivery and connection charging reports and applying expertise to ensure that information is consistent and aligned with regulatory approved connection policy.
- Interpret and apply connection charging policy to connection charges for generation and demand customers seeking to connect to the transmission system.
- Incorporation of key elements of reports into standard connection contract templates.
- Identification and drafting of any additional clauses specific to the unique elements of each contract.
- Close liaison with other departments to ensure that the customers' requirements are understood and addressed as part of the preparation of the contracts.
- Ensuring that all that other departments meet their delivery milestones in the production of their own reports.
- Liaison with customers and the Distribution System Operator as required throughout the offer preparation process from pre-application submission through to contract execution.
- Support the ongoing development of business processes for connection applications and managing connection contracts.
- Work with other team members to ensure that all Key Performance Indicators for the delivery of connection offers are met.
- Support the Offer Process Team Lead in identifying and managing risks arising out of the offer process.
- Attend and present to the New Connections Project Board with managers and Directors as required.
- Train and develop other staff as required.
- Typically with a minimum of 4-5 years' post qualification experience.
- Customer service, negotiation and strong project management skills are requirements for this role.
- It is essential that the candidate is competent, highly professional and has a strong appreciation of the environment in which my client and its customers operate and the challenges faced by both.
- In addition, they will be a self-starter requiring little supervision, will produce very high quality work, be a strong team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and have strong analytical skills.
- Candidates with business, legal or financial backgrounds are suitable for this role.
*Only suitable candidates will be considered for this role, unsuitable candidates will not be contacted.
- Educated to degree level in a business or equivalent discipline, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in a contractual/commercial environment or 3 years' experience working in an electricity transmission or distribution organisation.
- Strong customer and commercial awareness.
- Experience in dealing with customers/third parties on a contractual basis.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with the ability to work collaboratively across business areas.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, while also being able to define and guide work under minimal supervision
- Previous experience working in a regulated/energy environment
- Understanding of Transmission System Operator business activities
- Project Management skills
- Contract management experience
- Knowledge of connection policy and the regulated framework
There is a competitive salary on offer, along with an excellent benefits package for the right candidate.
Closing date: 18th July, 2016