Senior Programme Manager(Translink)
Do you have extensive Programme Management experience?
Have you run projects in excess of £100million?
Would you like a critical role in reshaping the transport infrastructure of Belfast?
If the answer to these questions is a resounding yes, please contact Justin Friend at Grafton on 02890 242 824 or email@example.com
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with Translink to find the ideal person to be involved on a major project to overhaul public transportation. This programme for Government initiative will have a major and sustained impact on the transport infrastructure of Belfast, vehicle provision and operational design of the transport network.
The Senior Programme Manager is the key leadership role in developing and implementing this unique flagship project across Translink. As Chair of the Steering Group the post holder will be accountable for the successful implementation of all phases of the programme through to Q.3. 2018. This is a major business and cultural change programme for the organisation and this role is pivotal in the delivery of the project on time and to budget. Key to the success of the role will be the successful engagement of senior internal and external stakeholders and the strategic relationship management of significant political interests.
- Design the cross divisional work strategy to deliver the highly complex portfolio of integrated projects associated with the project, including: Finance, Employee Relations, Infrastructure, Vehicles, Ticketing, Marketing, Revenue Protection and Operations
- Establish and lead a Steering Group that delivers on the programme and meets external stakeholders requirements
- Complete an already established vehicle procurement process to procure vehicles, ensuring processes and procedures are developed to secure vehicle stability and vehicle maintenance for the long term
- Provide leadership on the enabling infrastructure works - The Belfast Hub and the redevelopment of the Engineering Workshops at Duncrue Street:
- This challenging aspect of the programme will require the post holder to work with Infrastructure, Operations, Operations Planning and Support, Finance, Human Resources and Trade Unions to ensure that the facilities are ready for 2018 but also that contingency measures are in place to mitigate against service disruption to either project go- live or existing Metro services
- Lead and manage the external and internal stakeholder expectations, managing the political and PR environment
- Develop strategic relationships with Trade Union representatives, ensuring effective negotiation frameworks are established in relation to Terms and Conditions of employment thus ensuring smooth transition of the workforce to the new ways of working
- As strategic relationship manager the Senior Programme Manager will, in conjunction with senior management, represent Translink at the project Board and other Government Department Board meetings
- Experience of achieving compliance with Governmental Department constraints/ requirements and establishing project governance principles around the programme
- Able to make decisions under pressure, anticipate potential issues or problems and provide robust and objective solutions
- Ability to successfully collaborate with both cross divisional and external stakeholders
- Strong planning and organisational skills across a range of complex activities
- Senior level influencer in complex multi-disciplinary environments
- Coordinating multiple work streams across multiple disciplines
- Experience of successfully leading teams to deliver challenging business objectives
- Significant experience of delivering programmes with ability to solve complex issues
- Significant experience of project management in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Experience of establishing robust project management disciplines around high value/large scale programmes of this scale
- Experience of using MS Project, MS Word, and Excel