Our Public sector client is looking for a Senior Project Manager / Level 8 ASAP on a temporary basis for initially 3 months in Belfast - £19.91 PH.
Role: Senior Project Manager
Rate of Pay: £19.91 per hour
Hours: 37 hours a week Mon - Fri
Duration: 3 months initially then monthly on a rolling basis.
- Be a key member of the CSP senior management team reporting directly to the Assistant Director of CSP.
- Support the development, maintenance, ongoing review and communication of business strategy, plans and guidelines for the operation of CSP to include customer engagement to ensure continuous improvement of services of the CSP.
- Build and manage multi-disciplinary project groups to define, develop and deliver programmes of work within the client.
- Agree and implement project workstreams to support deliverables across the client.
- Provide clear objectives for requirements to guide and direct the work of cross-divisional teams.
- Be responsible for creation and maintenance of all project documentation and ensuring it complies with Project Guidelines, and support the development and delivery of training to reinforce the standard methodology across the client.
- Be responsible for maintaining, tracking project plan and for updating all "Programme/Project Level" document in relation to any projects under their remit.
- Communicate the vision of the project and get the team to accept it and strive to achieve it.
- Drive customer and internal teams to deliver project within the agreed time, cost and quality.
- Set reasonable, challenging, and clear expectations for team members, and hold them accountable for meeting expectations.
- Carry out programme reviews and weekly and monthly status of deliverables with AD CSP to drive priorities in the project teams, creating a can-do environment for delivery of programme, promoting project objectives internally to better engage delivery teams.
- Identify, manage, mitigate and report project risks and issues to ensure successful delivery of programmes within the organisation.
- A PRINCE2 practitioner qualification.
- A degree or higher level qualification (or equivalent) in a business management or related field and have relevant experience within the last 12 months.
- Exceptionally candidates who do not hold the above level of qualification but who can demonstrate 5 years' relevant experience may also be considered.
- Proven managerial experience at senior level, demonstrating the ability to develop and lead teams virtual or otherwise
- Significant experience in project governance and risk management either in a lead role or project manager capacity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Successful stakeholder engagement and management.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Kathy Fraser will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE FRIDAY 30th September at 12pm.