Senior Settlement Analyst
£36,000.00 - £42,000.00
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Settlement Analyst for the leading Irish Energy Organisation based in Belfast. Our client is a market leader in the utilities sector and is offering a permanent Contract to the successful candidate.
The Contracts and Settlement Senior Analyst reports to the Contracts and Settlement Manager and is responsible for performing all of the necessary tasks required to fulfil its Interconnector Administrator obligations in both the 'BETTA' market in GB and the Single Electricity Market (SEM) in Ireland. The Analyst is also responsible for investigating and resolving queries from interconnector traders and interconnector owners in line with agreed timelines, as well as providing technical support for the auction management platform and associated supporting systems. The Analyst will also work with internal staff to prepare for the new I-SEM market.
- Supporting the day to day operations of the Interconnector Administrator role
- Work with the I-SEM Project team to develop the supporting business processes and work instructions for the team in preparation for I-SEM go live
- Work with the Interconnector Owners to develop supporting business processes
- Coordinate inputs to trading systems and developments in preparation for I-SEM
- Work with vendors and the project team to clarify system capabilities and requirements; coordinate change requests, support testing and resolve issues on supporting systems.
- Analyse user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or enhance application functionality.
- Support user acceptance testing of new and enhanced applications.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with multiple stakeholders.
- Develop training materials for the new business processes and procedures to support the team
- Manage Interconnector queries or disputes raised under the Market Codes and Agreements, ensuring that they are resolved within the agreed timescales.
- Assist with internal and external audits to ensure consistent compliance and best practice.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of appropriate KPI's and metrics including monthly reporting.
- Third level or equivalent qualification in a relevant IT or related discipline
- At least 3 years' relevant technical experience
- Strong technical and analytical skills. Ability to see the wider operational landscape to identify and pre-empt potential issues.
- Effective communicator and excellent report writing capability
- Experience of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Previous experience working with and supporting business critical systems in a challenging environment.
- Demonstrated ability in documenting systems and technical specifications and design documents.
- Excellent decision making skills and an ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills combined with an ability to adapt to a diverse target audience.
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment with a flexible approach
- Strong knowledge of Excel including VBA for the development and support of macros and data analysis.
- Strong attention to detail and quality orientation
- Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capability
- Competitive salary
- Health care scheme
- 26 days annual leave + public holidays
- Parking available
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you feel you meet the essential criteria and are looking for an exciting opportunity please attach me you CV below or call Katie Doyle at 02890 895824