Temporary Senior Technical Support Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially for 3 months
£13.31 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm)
- Reporting to the Assistant Building Control Manager for the effective and efficient performance of duties
- Carry out specified investigative, enforcement, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the unit.
- Undertake surveys, site visits and research work
- Prepare reports and supporting information on statutory consultations, ensuring they are assessed against the relevant service policy
- Assist in the production and collation of service information as directed for reports; producing presentations, maps, plans and any other information
- Provide technical support to the service and relevant team to ensure that all relevant activities are carried out in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Applicants must have at least 5 GCSE's A-C including English or equivalent
- Experience dealing with members if the public whilst working in an enforcement or legislative role
- Experience working as a technician with a construction or design environment, including the preparation or drawing of maps.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of design and construction; and knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Ability t work as a team
- Practical approach to problem solving including using initiative whether to make a decision individually or seek advise.
- Ability to prioritise and plan programmes to ensure work is completed to a satisfactory standard.
If you are interested please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS FRIDAY 28TH OCTOBER AT 12NOON**