Our client, a public sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre, is recruiting a Temporary Senior Technical Support Officer on a full time basis starting ASAP.
Role: Senior Technical Support Officer
Rate of Pay: £13.31 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday - Friday 9am to 5pm)
Duration: until 31st December 2016
- Reporting to the Assistant Building Control Manager for the effective and efficient performance of duties
- Carry out specified investigative, enforcement, educational and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the unit.
- Undertake surveys, site visits and research work
- Prepare reports and supporting information on statutory consultations, ensuring they are assessed against the relevant service policy
- Assist in the production and collation of service information as directed for reports; producing presentations, maps, plans and any other information
- Provide technical support to the service and relevant team to ensure that all relevant activities are carried out in accordance with agreed objectives.
- Applicants must have at least 5 GCSE's A-C including English or equivalent
- Experience dealing with members if the public whilst working in an enforcement or legislative role
- Experience working as a technician with a construction or design environment, including the preparation or drawing of maps.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of design and construction; and knowledge of the relevant legislation
- Ability t work as a team
- Practical approach to problem solving including using initiative whether to make a decision individually or seek advise.
- Ability to prioritise and plan programmes to ensure work is completed to a satisfactory standard.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Nixon or Helen McNamara will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.