Grafton Technology are currently recruiting on behalf of our client a Senior Unix Engineer. Our client is a leader in its field and this is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Unix Engineer to work in their offices in Belfast.
What makes them unique is their focus on the personal touch combined with their deep knowledge of front, middle and back office technology, global security and compliance. They specialise in understanding the fine details and requirements that make the financial sector unique. The Senior Unix Engineer will gain you first hand access to world class technology, exciting new applications and bespoke software products.
The role of the UNIX-engineer is to perform maintenance routines, troubleshooting and UNIX-installations. Candidates should be proficient in UNIX-based utility service programs and storage systems. The UNIX engineer will be responsible for managing direct attached or network attached storage technologies, improving hard drive storage requirements and systems as well as maintaining UNIX-based server-client systems.
- Support and scale server infrastructure for production and internal environment.
- Member of team managing always-on, multi-site infrastructure.
- Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting, and reporting for the infrastructure.
- Assist with capacity planning for all aspects of the infrastructure.
- Ensure that all projects and infrastructure are properly documented.
- Design, implement, and operate a scalable and reliable system infrastructure supporting fast growth.
- Perform daily maintenance activities.
- Participation in an on-call rotation.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years Unix/Linux System administration experience.
- Experience with Kickstart/Jumpstart and PXE for remote installations.
- Detailed working knowledge of UNIX (Solaris 10/11), Linux (RHEL5/6, Ubuntu, etc.).
- Working knowledge of DHCP, DNS, SMTP, NTP, SSH, NFS and various file systems.
- Microsoft certified
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Data Centre experience
- Private health care and pension scheme.
- Excellent maternity & paternity scheme.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Paid holidays.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Dominic McCann at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.