This is an excellent opportunity to become a key part of a fresh organisation, who are seeking to bring in 2 Unix Systems Engineers to support and scale the infrastructure for production and internal environment.
As an experienced UNIX Engineer you will be providing expertise to large enterprise UNIX teams as well as regularly contributing to an exciting range of cutting edge IT projects.
The role of the UNIX-engineer is to perform maintenance routines, troubleshooting and UNIX-installations. You will be proficient in UNIX-based utility service programs and storage systems. The UNIX engineer will be responsible for managing direct attached or network attached storage technologies, improving hard drive storage requirements and systems as well as maintaining UNIX-based server-client systems.
- 4+ years UNIX/Linux System administration.
- UNIX/Linux professional qualifications or equivalent proven experience in a technical support role.
- Experience with Configuration Management with Puppet.
- Solid fundamentals in Linux operating systems and prior experience managing production systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills with client facing experience.
- Basic LAN/WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting skills.
- Basic script writing experience (any of Bash, Perl, Python, etc).
If you are interested in joining a company that invests heavily in their staff and offers training and a structured career plan then I want to hear from you.
For more information on this opportunity, please submit your CV via the link below. Your application will be completely confidential, further information will be provided so you can make an informed decision if you would like to apply for this position. If you would like to chat about the opportunity please call Michael Rosbotham at Grafton Technology on 02890 242824.