The primary responsibility for a Desk Analyst is to provide technical support to all end users experiencing difficulty with all contractually agreed IT/Telephony related issues.
The engineer will also be encouraged to build and maintain a good relationship with staff and customers; both internal and externally.
The engineer will be responsible for performing initial triage on incoming calls reported to the service desk, escalating to the appropriate teams if required, supplying detailed notes on every call logged and work to resolve all incidents and changes within the customers' service level agreement.
The engineer will also be expected to maintain and adhere to all security policies applicable to the contract supported and work closely with the security team
Minimum of 4 years IT support experience and extensive experience for the following:
- Remote management, support and escalation of technical faults across multiple technical services
- Logging, investigating and resolving of Incidents using a variety of remote tools - these include Symantec PCA, Carbon Copy & RDP (Remote Desktop Connection)
- Every day use of Symantec Altiris management tools, installation and maintenance of Symantec Endpoint Protection anti-virus.
- Manage our own individual queues meeting required SLA's.
- Monitoring and escalating server, service and network alerts when necessary, via Solarwinds and Compuware.
Application support for the following systems
- HMS, PSMS, EFIN, TAABS, Commvault, VMWARE, Cisco switches, Routers and Firewalls, Solarwinds and Microsoft technologies including Active directory.
- Troubleshoot Citrix receiver for external users accessing our programs.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management, creating alerts and running SQL queries.
- Management of 'PRTG Traffic Monitor' to monitor bandwidth traffic
- Management of Meridio document store including repairs and end user access.
- Maintain User accounts and groups via Active Directory and MUD management system.
- Complete Service Requests and Standard Changes for End Users - such as New Starters & Leavers
- Management of our servicedesk mailbox, dealing with incidents and changes via email.
Understand General Networking
- LAN & WAN technologies.
- Voice over IP considerations
- QOS requirements
- SNMP or Avaya solution
- Experience in DNS/DHCP management
Excellent PC skills including
- PC/Server troubleshooting
- Use of Excel, Visio, Word & PowerPoint to produce plans and customer documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Flexibility and commitment to work outside normal working hours, when required
- Proven experience in planning and implementing technical upgrades and migration strategies
- Ability and experience of delivering to critical timescales in a pressurised environment
- Results & Customer focused
- Change orientated
- Self-Driven & Analytical Thinking
- Good Planning & Organising skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work shift work between 7:30 to 18:00
If you are interested in applying for this role please upload your CV via the link.