Belfast City Centre
2 Year FTC
Grafton Recruitment is delighted to announce a new opportunity to join a leading charity in Belfast as a Service Manager. As a Service manager you will be responsible for supporting the delivery of services within the Belfast area.
The overall purpose of this post is to support individuals through the effective management and development of the Belfast service with the aim of
- Addressing changing needs and opportunities for service development
- Encouraging a culture of equality of opportunity
- Creating opportunities for progression towards independence and employment
- Securing achievements and positive outcomes for clients
- Demonstrating cost-effectiveness
4 Key Areas:
1 Business Outcomes
2 Quality Assurance
3 Staff Support and Development
4 Personal Training, Development and Practice Business Outcomes
Key Result Area 1:
- Financial Management & Budget Planning
- To achieve balanced budgets for local services via a process of budget planning and ongoing financial monitoring and review
- Prepare annual local service budgets in accordance within agreed timescales
To realise the attainment of annual operational targets in respect of:
- Client occupancy and attendance
- Training and development outcomes
- Positive outcomes for leavers
- Income generation, where appropriate
- Client, employer, staff and referral agent satisfaction.
Key Result Area 2:
- To effectively manage and quality assure all aspects of the Client Training & Development Process.
- To identify and support the development of opportunities for service expansion, change or improvement in line with the changing or new needs of clients, funder expectations and market-place opportunities.
- To manage quality improvement systems including satisfaction surveys, Investors in People and Customer Service Excellence.
- To inform and support the co-ordination and delivery of services for individuals needs across the locality through effective partnership working with a view to promoting positive physical and mental health, social inclusion and life-long learning.
- To ensure compliance with all contractual requirements as directed by stakeholders and funding bodies in relation to service delivery
- To ensure compliance with all aspects of legislative and organisational Health & Safety standards and requirements are maintained
- To ensure adherence to all policies and procedures
- Maximise opportunities to promote the work of the organisation through effective marketing and PR.
- Maximise opportunities for the recruitment and support the management of volunteers to support the delivery of services within span of control.
Key Result Area 3:
Staff Support and Development
- To provide effective leadership and front-line management support to staff to ensure that clients achieve their expectations, reach their potential and realise positive outcomes and exit strategies.
- To undertake supervision, appraisal and workplan reviews with staff in line with staff learning and development process.
- To support staff development and on-the-job learning through person centred coaching and mentoring.
- To provide the kind of environment that promotes staff commitment, motivation and development.
Key Result Area 4:
Personal Training, Development and Practice
- To take part in supervision, appraisal and training as identified through Staff Learning and Development Processes
- To take personal responsibility for continuing personal and professional development.
- To maintain a current continuing professional development portfolio.
- To adhere to the Core Values and Corporate Behaviours of our client.
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 4.30pm and Friday 8.30am to 3.15pm.
- QCF Level 5 in Management or Health & Social Care (or equivalent)
- Relevant management experience in a training, day opportunities/day care setting or similar (including supervision of staff)
- Experience working in a mental health or other relevant setting
- Able to demonstrate excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Proven ability in influencing and working collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to effectively support and lead a team
- Experience of quality assurance frameworks, continuous improvement and the delivery of best practice
- Excellent administrative skills (including organisational skills, financial management, use and application of information technology, monitoring/evaluation and report writing)
- Ability to support the delivery of the organisation's strategy, operational targets and ensure contract compliance
- Demonstrate flexibility, self-motivation, confidence and ability to use initiative
***** Current full driving licence, valid in the UK and access to a car on appointment or access to a form of transport which will permit them to carry out the duties and requirements of the post in full *****
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you have the essential criteria please apply online applicants who do not will not be consider.
For any further details please call Katie Doyle on 02890 242824.