£40,000.00 - £50,000.00
We are currently recruiting for a Settlement Teamlead role for the leading Irish Energy Business based in Belfast. Our client is a market leader in the utilities sector and is offering an 18 month fixed-term contract to the successful candidate.
As a Settlement Teamlead you will be part of the Settlement team who manage all settlement activity on behalf of our client. It is responsible for the settlement, credit management and clearing of the capacity and balancing markets and the delivery of the formal query and dispute management processes within necessary timelines outlined.
As Settlement Teamlead you will be reporting directly the settlement manager, the role of the Team Lead is to coordinate the day to day activities of the team ensuring that the relevant KPIs and operational targets are met and acting as an escalation point as necessary. You will be responsible for motivating and leading a team of circa. 10 people and co-ordinating the work of assigned staff based on the direction of the manager.
The successful applicant will manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders and co-ordinate the work of other team members, to track, monitor, report and lead key tasks and to be accountable for team deliverables. The role will be based in Belfast, however occasional travel to Dublin as part of this role will be required.
- Support the Settlement Manager in leading the team to deliver on KPIs and operational targets and in the recruitment and development of team members
- Allocate team resources to meet priorities and manage issues as they arise, coach staff in issue resolution and act as an escalation point
- Coordinate the work of assigned staff based on direction of Settlement Manager
- Report team progress against targets and KPIs to Settlement Manager, escalating risks and issues as required
- Advise manager of resource requirements and training needs
- Effective stakeholder management of both external and internal stakeholders including Regulatory Authorities and Market Participants
- Supervise the settlement, credit management and clearing of the Balancing Market within the required time-lines whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Supervise the settlement, credit management and clearing of the Capacity Remuneration Market (CRM) within the required time-lines whilst ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Supervise the delivery of the TUoS, System Services, STAR and PSO settlement schemes
- Monitor the delivery of the formal query and dispute management processes within the necessary time-lines
- Supervise Interconnector related settlement, credit management and clearing
- Excellent analysis, judgement and problem solving skills along with an ability to make decisions promptly and effectively
- Lead ongoing process improvement and training activity
- Liaise regularly with Settlement Manager and ensure potential issues are raised in a timely manner, along with proposed solutions.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the Settlement team and the Market Operations Directorate
- Coordinate the management of audits
- Manage stakeholder relations
*Third level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline
*6-8 years' experience in a processing/operational role
*Demonstrable track record of motivating and managing teams
*Previous experience of implementing business or process improvement initiatives
*Effective communicator, both verbal and written communications, comfortable in presenting to large groups
*Extensive experience of establishing and maintaining effective relationships with management, and internal and external stakeholders
*Flexible, and comfortable dealing with change
*Experience of working in a quick paced, dynamic environment with excellent time management skills
*Strong numerical, analytical and problem solving capability
*Strong attention to detail and quality orientation
- Experience in operating electricity or financial markets
- Programme Management experience
Health care scheme
26 days annual leave + public holidays
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you have the essential criteria for this role please apply here or call Katie Doyle at Grafton for further information on 02890895824.