Our Client, a Large Public Organisation require a Shaping Our Place Officer Part - Time
Location : TBC
Role : Shaping Our Place Officer
Hours of work : 22 hrs per week ( 3 days )
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £11.62 13 weeks + £13.45
Main Duties :
- Responsible for the delivery, implementation and administration of the Shaping Our Space Programme within the confines of Council and SEUPB requirements.
- To raise awareness of Peace IV funding and encourage participation through positive promotion in the Shaping Our Space Programme.
- To directly engage with local communities, including representatives and groups and facilitate workshops in order to develop and undertake local area projects which will improve cross-community area planning and reimaging of local communities through innovative approaches.
- To provide information and advice and support to participating communities.
- To assist participating communities in developing and promoting new and innovative experimental approaches to developing shared communities.
- To either facilitate directly or provide third-party support to facilitate positive community dialogue.
- To manage the programme budget and prepare estimates, monitor expenditure and prepare financial draw down claims for submission to the NE Peace IV Department.
- To manage the resource allocation for each participating area.
- To assist with the preparation of tenders, including writing terms of reference and setting criteria for procurement of project delivery.
- To undertake the evaluation and appraisal of applicant communities and make recommendations accordingly.
- To ensure transparency and accountability in all areas of work.
- To facilitate meetings, prepare papers and progress reports where necessary.
- To liaise with and maintain good working relations with a range of stakeholders and interested parties including the PEACE IV staff and Council Officers, potential participants, promoters, external groups and relevant statutory bodies, such as SEUPB.
- To assist with the communication, publicity and promotion of all of the activities being delivered by The Shaping Our Space Programme and to work with Corporate PR to ensure positive media coverage.
- To assist with and contribute to relevant events, launches, presentations, project meetings and training sessions as required.
- Manage any procured delivery agents to ensure completion of projects are high quality and timely.
- Work with and assist each community to project manage in order to build their capacity.
- Provide regular reports to the Good Relations Manager and Peace IV Staff.
- By its nature the post will require flexible working to meet the needs of the service. Attend meetings of the Peace IV Partnership, Council and any relevant working groups as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
Essential Criteria :
- A third level academic qualification.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience of:
One or more of the following: Implementing good relations, community, regional or local development, Cultural Traditions and /or arts plus
- Strategy development and implementation plus
- Project management
- Experience in administering European funding
- An understanding of the legislative framework governing the work of the department, specifically Section 75 (2) of the NI Act.
- Understanding of issues impacting on service delivery.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and the wider environment in which it operates.
- Ability to use a wide variety of computer programmes, eg word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint.
Alternatively, consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualifications but who can demonstrate 4 years relevant experience as outlined above.
- A current full driving license valid in the UK and access to a car or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
* Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.