Reporting to the Operations Manager the successful candidate will be required to rotate over the 4 shifts to cover Shift Manager Holidays - during this time you will have responsibility for the duration of the shift, regarding Health & Safety, people/personnel, quality, production efficiency and cost.
Very attractive salary and shift allowance for this role!
Main Duties and Responsibilities will include:
- All process equipment from batch plant to packaging, all material handling equipment, all ware handling equipment and all plant and building.
- Ensure hand over is controlled and maintain performance for the duration.
- Have monthly team meetings. Communicate on current policy plans, people, concerns and general information.
- Communicate within the shift and between shifts to enable accurate reporting of major events and requirements to the production manager, the following shift and the morning meeting.
- To plan and control shift personnel holidays and holiday cover for other shifts on 7 day off period.
- To ensure shift is fully manned and trained to the required standard.
Skills & Experience:
To apply for this position you will require:
- Background in team leadership within FMCG environment
- Ability to identify and develop team members
- Ability to form and maintain good working relationship with colleagues of all levels
- Translation of production plan into deployed labour
- Understanding root cause Analysis and ability to implement
- Basic employee relations case management
- Generating reports and insight from those reports
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will be required to adhere to all the company's health & safety policies and procedures and to ensure high house-keeping standards are met at all times while ensuring safety is the first consideration of any CI intervention or discussion.
If interested in applying for this role please call Glenda Reddington on 02890 323333