Shunter Driver urgently required for manufacturing client based in the Toomebridge Area.
Shunter Driver/HGV 1 - Toomebridge - £excellent
Candidates will be responsible for moving on-site trailers in a safe manner following all site procedures to a satisfactory conclusion.
Key Duties and Accountability (will include but not be limited to)
- To carry out vehicle and trailer safety checks prior to commencement of shift complying with appropriate documentation and procedures.
- Ensure vehicle load is safe, secure and correctly positioned.
- Correctly check and accept load documentation and delivery paperwork.
- Correctly check in any returned goods and ensure paperwork is accurate.
- Maintain communication at all times with the Traffic Office.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness, using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures.
- Operate vehicle safely, ensuring driver actions do not endanger self or other road users.
- Comply with safe working practices at all times.
- Undertake any other reasonable job instruction to support the supply of a quality service to the customer
Key Experience and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a shunting role preferred.
Technical skills and behavioural competencies:
- Self-motivated individual
- Dedicated flexible and reliable.
- Excellent attendance record
- Excellent customer relations
To apply for this role please submit your CV and a member of the Grafton Team will be in contact with those shortlisted.