Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Probation Officer to start ASAP until the end of September 2017 with possibility of extension.
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm = 37 hours per week (Occasional evening work may be required)
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsibility for management of individual offenders in the community and in prison; seeking to reintegrate offenders into the community through effective assessment and supervision, thereby reducing re offending and contributing to public protection.
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Probation officers are required to hold a professional qualification in social work and have professional registration in line with the requirements of the NI Social Care Council (NISCC).
- Preferably experience of working directly with offenders.
- CTC clearance is desirable.
- It is essential to have a driving licence and use of a car although consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Clearance. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE TUESDAY 5TH SEPTEMBER AT 12PM