Temporary Social worker required for a local government organisation based in Newtownards
Starting ASAP until 18.02.18
Monday-Friday 9am-5pm = 37 hours per week (Occasional evening work may be required)
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsibility for management of individual offenders in the community and in prison; seeking to reintegrate offenders into the community through effective assessment and supervision, thereby reducing re offending and contributing to public protection.
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Probation officers are required to hold a professional qualification in social work and have professional registration in line with the requirements of the NI Social Care Council (NISCC).
- Preferably experience of working directly with offenders.
- It is essential to have a driving licence and use of a car although consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Check at a cost of £33.00
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION IS TUESDAY 3RD OCT AT NOON**