Grafton Recruitment are creating a talent pool of candidates on behalf of the Probation Board Northern Ireland and are keen to hear from qualified Social Workers.
Hours of work: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm = 37 hours per week (Occasional evening work may be required)
Pay rate: £15.24 per hour
Location: Province wide across Northern Ireland
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsibility for management of individual offenders in the community and in prison; seeking to reintegrate offenders into the community through effective assessment and supervision, thereby reducing re offending and contributing to public protection.
- Carry out detailed assessments of offenders (using appropriate assessment tools) including risk assessment in support of pre-sentence reports, pre and post release reports in prisons and the reassessment of existing clients.
- Manage a caseload of offenders in the community. Supervise those placed on probation or subject to licence.
- Working with and delivering services to the complete range of offenders and to all sections of the community and individuals within various social groups.
- Must be a qualified Social Worker
- Probation officers are required to hold a professional qualification in social work and have professional registration in line with the requirements of the NI Social Care Council (NISCC).
- It is essential to have a valid driving licence and use of a car with insurance that covers business use although consideration will be given to reasonable adjustment in respect of disability.
If you are interested in adding your details to this availability pool please upload your CV to the link or contact Laura Hagan on firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
For additional information on the Probation Board for Northern Ireland please click on the website http://www.pbni.org.uk/