SOFTWARE DEVELOPER, DERRY CITY, £30-35K
We are exclusively working with an exciting new IT software company relocating to Derry City. This fast-growing, innovative, solutions based organisation provides a bespoke product which enables their customers to improve their recruitment process.
They are looking to expand their development capabilities to encompass new and existing platforms, including mobile, web and API based services and features. This is therefore an opportunity to work on both existing large scale projects and a wide variety of new projects and technologies, within a highly capable, motivated and distributed team.
Our client offers huge career and professional growth opportunities to anyone who cares passionately about a job well done. "We are growing fast and we want you to grow with us".
Our client takes a very consultative approach with their customers and aim to engage fully with their end to end recruitment process so they can ensure they add real value to their client's selection approach.
Your primary goal will be to develop and deliver an expanding set of web and mobile services, including the core application to support our rapid expansion into new markets.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The design of new web systems and features for use by employers, candidates and staff; many of these are critical to the recruitment processes of many large corporations
- Design and work with cloudbased systems with particular regard to the key requirements for high availability and the need to address the considerable security implications which relate to web systems where personal information is stored
- Liaise closely with our Product, Support and Success teams in order to ensure that project specifications are accurately defined and user interfaces appropriately designed and implemented
- Project and time management is an important aspect of the role. The postholder will be expected to:
- Plan, manage and monitor the delivery of their own work to a high standard under general direction from the Product Team, working either alone or closely with other developers from the team as required
- Proactively manage the risks within a project and plan appropriate avoidance or reduction actions, for example minimising changes at peak usage times and producing valid contingency plans
- Liaise closely with stakeholders across the company to ensure that user requirements and quality expectations are properly understood, and that information about projects is effectively communicated.
- Develop and implement new system features
- Plan, design and execute application testing using BDD processes
- Maintain project documentation
- Perform application maintenance
- Provide in depth expertise to resolve systems problems where these are beyond the skills of the Support team
- Provide support to customers and answer queries
- Design and maintain databases
- Work effectively within the team and participate fully in the planning, scheduling and prioritisation of the team's work
- Other duties allocated by the Product Team as appropriate within the context of the scope of the role
Please contact Marc Doorish on 02871 267799 for more information or click on APPLY NOW to submit your CV.