Our client, a large Public Sector organisation, is currently seeking a solicitor who specialises in Litigation and is available immediately.
Role: Part Time Solicitor
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours of work:18.5. Mon-Tues 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 12.30pm
Rate of Pay: £20.31/hr
Duration: until Dec 2017
- To carry out professional duties as a qualified solicitor in connection with an assigned caseload primarily relating to the matters set out below.
- To take instructions, draft summonses, direct proofs and personally conduct prosecutions in the Magistrates Courts and appeals in the County Court.
- To undertake and generally advise in relation to the defence of claims for unfair dismissal, sex discrimination, religious discrimination, disability discrimination, race discrimination and other employment matters before Tribunals, including such personal advocacy as may be required.
- To be responsible for the defence of public liability, employer's liability and road traffic claims in the County Court and High Court.
- To provide accurate and timely professional advice on matters relating to the functions and exercise of the powers and duties of councils including the interpretation of legislation and the requirements of administrative law to officers of the council and other bodies, and to draft reports and attend before committees in connection therewith as directed.
- To conduct the defence of statutory appeals relating to the exercise of the council's functions.
Applicants must :-
- be solicitors entitled to practice in Northern Ireland at 30 March, and
- possess an academic qualification equivalent to at least Second Class Honours Degree standard.
- Possess practical post qualification experience gained within the last three years, which is relevant to the duties and responsibilities of the post as set out in paragraphs 2 to 9 of the Job Description.
- Have the ability, knowledge and judgement to solve legal problems in a systematic and professional manner with the purpose of ensuring that the client is properly advised to enable it to comply with its statutory responsibilities to ensure that its legal relationships are appropriately created to protect its interests.
- Have the ability to draft formal legal documentation in a timely fashion with due attention to detail.
- Be a dedicated, professional and positive approach to legal work and the ability to build and maintain effective professional working relationships with others.
If you are interested in this role and meet all criteria please apply via the link
Application closes Friday 8th Sept at 12pm