Temporary Solicitor required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially for 3 months
Mon-Thurs 8.30-5pm and Fridays 8.30-4.30pm
Duties will include:
- To carry out professional duties as a qualified solicitor in connection with an assigned caseload primarily relating to the matters set out below.
- To generally advise officers of the council in relation to enforcement powers, including conducting PACE interviews, applying for search warrants, drafting summonses, directing proofs and other enforcement matters.
- To personally conduct prosecutions in the Magistrates Court and criminal appeals in the County Court.
- To conduct the defence of statutory appeals.
- To conduct the defence of appeals before the Planning Appeals Commission.
Applicants must be:
a) be solicitors entitled to practice in Northern Ireland
b) have a third level qualification in a relevant subject, such as Law or equivalent qualification; and
Applicants must have at least 2 years relevant experience in two of the following four areas:
- conducting personal advocacy in the Magistrates Court
- advising, drafting and instituting proceedings in the Magistrates or County Court
- interpreting and providing legal advice on legislation and legal proceedings; and/or
- advising on planning applications, planning policy and other planning related matters.
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV to the link.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS MONDAY 4TH JULY AT 12PM**