Following a major refurbishment, our client, a leading Hotel in the Co Tyrone area are expanding their team and require a Sous Chef for a permanent role.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, driven and creative Sous Chef to support the Head Chef in managing a large team and leading a very busy kitchen.
The successful applicant will be able to:
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus to include costings
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets their quality standards
- Fill in for the Head Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully resolve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situations
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedules and assess staff performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- 3+ years experience as a Sous Chef
- Catering qualifications ideal but not essential
- Understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Excellent record of kitchen and staff management
Hours of work:
- 42 hrs per wk
- Competitive Salary
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For further information please contact Una on 028 6632 3300 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.