The Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible for the overall Supplier Quality of purchased Electrical parts in development and in serial production.
- Provides technical input for strategic sourcing projects.
- APQP, D/P-FMEA review and critique on supplier processes/products.
- Define control plans at key states of development.
- Procedure [TLP] - also at supplier site. Facilitates resolution of problems related to items with supplier.
- Works with Design Engineering for development and launch of new products.
- Launches RIS (Request for Initial Samples) and the PPAP process ensuring PPAP sign off at end of product development.
- Performs Run @ Rates at the supplier, including process audits to ensure production readiness.
- Initialization of Safe Launch Processes at the supplier site.
- Prepares the data collection of Program Exit reviews.
- Manages that product and process changes are controlled.
- Active management in case of product non-conformance by 8D.
- Forces containment and corrective actions, together with the supplier, until resolution in development and serial production.
- Creation of work instructions, boundary samples and failure catalogues.
- Provides plant / organization support with meetings and to ensure the certification status: TS/IATF 16949 compliance
- Experience of working with passive or asic type components.
- Experience of 8D understanding, creation and completion.
- Automotive or medical industry experience - with knowledge of tools - PPAP, APQP, FMEA, control plan etc.
- Problem solving skills and experience.
- Internal auditing experience
- Ability to travel Globally on company business at short notice.
- SPC experience and application.
- Experience of metric based tracking of projects/activities with external companies.
- Experience with telephone / video conferencing systems (Skype, WebEx etc).
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Experience in verbal and written communication with external companies.
- Customer facing experience of delivering information and updates in correct format per customer request.
Please note all successful candidates must undergo medical examination which includes a drugs test