Supplier Quality Assurance Manager - NPD
Location: Antrim, Europe
Salary - 30-40k depending on experience plus benefits package
Hours - Dayshift - Monday to Friday (Regular travel throughout Europe - Circa 40% of time)
Grafton Specialist Engineering recruitment has been retained to recruit a Supplier Quality Assurance Manager for a leading, global Engineering firm who specialise in the Automotive industry.
It is the role of the Supplier Quality Manager-New Product Development to ensure, through effective collaboration, leadership & support, during NPD that the business' overall Supplier strategy, corporate standards and Customer specifications are respected.
The Supplier Quality Manager will manage and lead a team of European NPD Supplier Quality Engineers to ensure that they are actively leading their own projects. They will ensure this in accordance to APQP standards of the automotive industry.
It is the expectation that new products, including all components, will achieve the highest grade of series-production readiness, meeting the specific program Customer and company time schedules. This role involves coaching, developing and auditing of the company preferred suppliers.
- A relevant Engineering Degree
- Minimum of 5 years related management experience in a manufacturing/ development environment
- High technical expertise and understanding
- Excellent IT skills in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Valid driving licence
- Flexibility and ability to travel worldwide (up to 40% of working time)
- Knowledge of various quality system methodologies (8-D, 5 Why's, LEAN Manufacturing, Pareto Data Analysis, FMEA, PPAP etc)
- Auditor experience
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive starting salary of £40,000 to £50,000, negotiable, depending on experience.
To discuss confidentially or for more information please contact Patrick Moore on 02890 323333