Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Staff Officer Accountant to start May 2017 until June 2017
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.50 p/h
13+ week's £16.80 p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm
Have successfully passed the final professional examinations and be a full, current member of one of the bodies detailed below:
- Chartered Accountants Ireland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland;
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales;
- The Chartered Institute of Management Accountants;
- The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants;
- The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy;
- The Institute of Certified Public Accountants in Ireland.
Have at least a total of 1 year's post qualification, experience, gained within the last 5 years, in any one of, or combination of, the following categories:
- preparing or auditing complete Annual Report and Accounts and/or Management Accounts;
- preparing, managing and monitoring budgets and the allocation of resources including experience of producing monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
- developing, auditing or implementing large computerised financial systems;
- carrying out internal audits in the public sector or large private sector organisations.
While the precise duties and responsibilities of individual posts will vary, posts may involve varying degrees of the following activities:
- Analysis of financial data;
- Production of monthly or quarterly management accounting information;
- Dealing with internal and external auditors including the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
- Development and review of financial IT systems;
- Providing advice and guidance on the use and interpretation of financial information and accounting requirements and best practice;
- Drafting and implementation of financial policies, procedures and controls;
- Carry out further investigation interview(s) with relevant parties such as directors and employees;
- Examine accounting records, and report on the accuracy and completeness of books and records;
- Identify and extract accounting and other relevant records pertaining to potential allegations of misconduct by bankrupts or company officers;
- Prepare affidavits for filing in Court in respect of Directors Disqualification Proceedings
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete either a Standard Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00 or CTC Clearance. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**Please note the closing date for this application will be Wednesday 12th April at 12 Noon**
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.