Temporary Statistical Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially until 30th September 2017
Mon-Fri 9am-5pm = 37.5 hours per week
Pay Rate 0-12 weeks £9.00ph then increases from week 13 to £15.24ph
Duties Will include:
- Quality assurance of the Quarterly and annual Business Survey returns, investigating fluctuations in individual business returns.
- Produce the quarterly and annual business survey datasets.
- Analyse and disseminate data to National Statistics standards.
- Produce a comprehensive explanations document/spreadsheet and look to other data sources to help explain any changes in the data.
- Produce statistical bulletins, press releases and Ministerial briefings on short-term economic statistics, ensuring that National Statistics protocols and best practice are appropriately applied to all processes and economic outputs.
- at least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods; or
- at least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; or
- a postgraduate qualification that has included training in statistics and/or social science research methods.
Excellent analytical skills and extensive experience with Microsoft Excel is essential for this highly technical and analytical post. Knowledge of SPSS and SAS would also be extremely advantageous.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
Strong organisational and management skills
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV to the link.
A Standard Access NI and security checks must be completed to enable you to commence the assignment. There is a £26 charge to Access NI to have this processed. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS MONDAY 8TH MAY AT 12 NOON**