Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Statistical Officer to start mid August 2017 for a duration of approx. 12 months
Role: Statistical Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 p/h
13+ week's £15.24 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Candidates should have experience of Microsoft outlook, excel and word packages and prior experience of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS)
- At least an upper second class honours degree (2:1) which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods or
- at least an upper second class honours degree [2.1] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level;
Specific Experience Required
- Working in a team
- Good organisational skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis in respect of survey results
The post holder will be required to provide cross-departmental support across a number of work areas, primarily;
a) Support Agency Approach to Data Science and Data Analytics
- In depth research into data science and data analytics techniques; reviewing examples of how data science can be successfully embedded into an organisation;
- Active liaison with internal colleagues and external organisations to encourage collaboration and feed into strategy development.
- Co-ordinating, organising and disseminating information to support staff development in data analytics skills (e.g. creating a calendar of events/ update staff intranet)
- Supporting a review of suitable IT resource for data (including a review of existing software licensing in the organisation)
b) Support Staff Development and Training
- Coordinate the staff development group
- Monitor progress of the survey and use relevant software to analyse data and present results in appropriate tabular and graphic format including appropriate commentary.
- Use evidence to manage the provision of professional staff development and training, operating within a defined budget.
- Liaise between staff and providers on training
Other ad-hoc duties may be required as deemed appropriate and necessary to the post.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Thursday 20th July at 12 noon.