Temporary Statistical Officer required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Role: Statistical Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 p/h
13+ week's £15.24 p/h
Starting ASAP potentially for 4-6 months
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Candidates should have experience of Microsoft outlook, excel and word packages and prior experience of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS
- At least an upper second class honours degree (2:1) which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods or
- at least an upper second class honours degree [2.1] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level
The post-holders main tasks will involve but are not limited to:
- Maintain databases and generating/ validating extracts of data to support projects
- develop a sound awareness of the work of the client and datasets available for research purposes;
- liaise with the Business Support Team on customer requests regarding information that is not currently available, including generating new tabular outputs and managing statistical disclosure as necessary;
- liaise with staff in the Demographic Statistics Research Support Unit (RSU) including the provision of advice/expertise on the available data, the development of Data Sharing Agreements and general queries relating to data;
- manage the secure provision of the extracts to Trusted Third-Party Team and the RSU Team;
- update and maintain documentation held on individual projects
- liaise with the Office NILS Team as required, providing information and guidance on the information available.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete CTC Clearance. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**The deadline for applications will be Friday 9th June at 12 noon.**