Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Statistical Officer to start end of July 2017 for a duration of approx. 11 months
Role: Statistical Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 p/h
13+ week's £15.24 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Candidates should have experience of Microsoft outlook, excel and word packages and prior experience of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS)
- At least an upper second class honours degree (2:1) which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods or
- at least an upper second class honours degree [2.1] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; or
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are essential.
- Experience working with large datasets would be desirable.
- Experience of creating and maintaining branch documentation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good desk research skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and project management skills
- Experience in drafting briefs and reports
The post-holders main tasks will involve but are not limited to:
- Data processing/ validation of electronic data files
- Liaising directly with businesses to validate data
- Production and analysis of large datasets
- Production of National Statistics publications
- Analysis of datasets to answer queries
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Wednesday 5th July at 12 noon.