Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a Statistical Officer to start ASAP until end of September 2017 with possibility of extension
Role: Statistical Officer
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £9.00 p/h
13+ week's £15.24 p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
- Candidates should have experience of Microsoft outlook, excel and word packages and prior experience of using statistical packages (e.g. SPSS)
- At least an upper second class honours degree (2:1) which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods or
- at least an upper second class honours degree [2.1] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level; or
- Good oral and written communication skills, as well as good interpersonal skills are essential.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good desk research skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management and project management skills
Specific Experience Required
- Excellent analytical skills and extensive experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SPSS and SAS would also be extremely advantageous
The post-holders main tasks will involve but are not limited to:
- Quality assurance of the Quarterly and annual Business Survey returns, investigating fluctuations in individual business returns.
- Produce the quarterly and annual business survey datasets.
- Analyse and disseminate data to National Statistics standards.
- Produce a comprehensive explanations document/spreadsheet and look to other data sources to help explain any changes in the data.
- Produce statistical bulletins, press releases and Ministerial briefings on short-term economic statistics, ensuring that National Statistics protocols and best practice are appropriately applied to all processes and economic outputs.
- Other adhoc duties as required by the Principal or Deputy Principal Statistician.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Standard Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
The deadline for applications will be Thursday 20th July at 12 noon.