Grafton are currently working on behalf of a leading company within the FMCG sector for a Store Manager. You will manage the day to day running of a store, the staff and assets ensuring the brand, sales and net profit are maximised.
* Maximisation of in stock position.
* Manage and co-ordinate in-store and national promotions.
* Full brand adherence.
* Range adherence.
* Identification and actioning of required additional activity.
* Active management of store layouts, product range and own label participation.
* Implementation of documented company control procedures and policies.
* Management of stock turn to company targets.
* Actioning of department stock takes as necessary.
* Planning and organisation of quarterly stock takes and to ensure full completeness and accuracy of the reported stock.
* Agree and manage store marketing budget.
* Agree store marketing plan with Operations Manager.
* Organise and monitor performance of agreed marketing activity on a weekly basis.
* Actively seek out opportunities to become involved in local community to raise the profile of the brand.
* Remain fully aware of local competitor activity. Actively investigate all market opportunities on an ongoing basis.
* Any other duties role may involve.
* At least 2 years recent experience in a busy convenience or supermarket retailing at Store Manager level with responsibility for sales and margin
* Good working knowledge of all fresh food areas and a proven ability to maintain an exceptionally high standard of operational efficiency and excellence throughout the store
* Proven experience in the areas of stock control, people management, cost control, local marketing, HACCP implementation, and security
* Commercial and general awareness of competitors/market place - with an ability to use this knowledge to drive sales performance
* Financial acumen - ability to interpret data to make sound decisions
* Excellent attention to detail in store standards
* Excellent communication skills
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
* Further education in related discipline
* Desirable Knowledge & Experience
* Off Licence experience
* Forecourt experience