Store Projects Manager
Grafton are currently recruiting on behalf of a leading company within the FMCG sector for a Store Projects Manager. You will play a key role supporting independent retailers and stores within the Business Development Partnership channel. You will work on key store projects as well as getting involved in store operational management.
* To ensure that the Company objectives within Company Store are effectively and efficiently implemented, including the achievement of targets.
* To provide effective team leadership and management to the store employees; ensuring all team members are well motivated and properly supported to achieve store targets and objectives.
* To review budgetary targets, as agreed with your Regional Manager and ensure that the Store operates within these targets in order to achieve the planned level of profitability and productivity.
* To react to local trading conditions and after consultation with your Regional Manager, exercise judgement to take initiatives that will increase sales.
* To trade to the agreed Store opening hours by recruiting, training, organising and controlling the appropriate level and calibre of employees. Rotas should be continually reviewed in line with current sales trends.
* To ensure all practices within the Store are delivered in a safe manner with team members exercising due diligence at all times in order to meet Company policies, code of practice and obligations under legislation.
* To exercise and enforce constant watch keep over Health & Safety, Security, Discipline and Due Diligence.
* Ensure the premises, fixtures, fittings and stock is safely and securely maintained in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* To organise and control replenishment of stock and ensure pricing is accurate whilst maintaining high standards of store merchandising disciplines at all times.
* To fully operate the Company's procedures in relation to ordering, receiving goods, stock holding and the control of wastage and stock loss.
* To fully operate, enforce and monitor the Company's procedures in relation to cash management and security.
* To ensure all employee's training needs are identified and subsequently given comprehensive training and support. This may either be done by you or arranged by you for the Academy to provide.
* To establish regular communication with team members in order to promote involvement and achieve good employee relations.
* To provide regular feedback to employees.
* To build and develop a culture of continuous improvement towards all store activity.
* To carry out any tasks or duties as deemed appropriate by senior management.
* To carry out Promotional and short audits on a quarterly basis, agreeing actions from your findings.
* Monitor and implement company auditing systems to ensure maximum gross profits are achieved. Report findings and ensure corrective action is taken when necessary.
* Maximise the use of Scanning system as an aid to drive profitability.
* Previous retail management experience within the convenience/grocery sector including managing profit and loss, maximising performance and delivering service excellence
* Commercially aware with a strong focus on continuous improvement along with the ability to successfully implement projects in accordance with timescales
* Excellent communication and influencing skills both upward and downward with the ability to interact effectively at all levels in sharing knowledge, experience and best practices
* Be a great leader, developing teams to their full potential and possess a clear and open communication and leadership style
* Good IT skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Full driving licence