Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Student Finance Administrator to start ASAP until the end of May with possibility of extension.
Pay rate: 0-12 weeks £7.75
13+ weeks £12.04
Hours: 36 hours per week - Monday to Friday
* EITHER hold a qualification at NVQ level 3 or higher in a relevant discipline and have a minimum of one year's experience of working in an administrative setting OR have a minimum of three years' experience of working in an administrative setting
* English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
* Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent.
* Experience in the use of IT and maintaining databases
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications to include pivot tables, spreadsheets, and databases.
To provide administrative support for the Student Finance support function. This includes the following duties:
- Produce letters and related documentation associated with the Student Finance function.
- Process student funding documentation in line with funding body guidelines and provide support for the assessment process of applications for specific Funds administered by the Student Finance office.
- Maintain and index electronic filing systems for service supported
- Maintain the Student Finance email inbox, responding to correspondence on a daily basis.
- Liaise with external agencies and bodies as well internal departments/staff
- Organisation of Student Finance process schedules and where appropriate, diaries
- Collate and distribute documents
- Deal with correspondence, telephone calls, and electronic mail
- To respond appropriately to a wide variety of enquiries from students where appropriate seeking further advice from Student Finance officers.
- To attend, minute and take part in monthly team meetings
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete an Enhanced Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £33.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE WEDNESDAY 12TH APRIL AT 12 NOON