Summer Scheme Playleaders required in Downpatrick, Newcastle, Kilkeel and Newry 29th June 2016 - 26th August 2016, 36 hours per week.
The successful post holder will be required to assist the Duty Manager with the day-to-day running of the Summer Scheme. This will involve the organisation and scheduling of a safe, stimulating and varied programme of play ensuring the wellbeing of children at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, deliver and manage a balanced daily programme of activities for children in the 5 - 11 age groups to meet a range of varying interests and ability.
- Ensure that children are properly supervised at all times and supervise group outings according to guidelines; ensuring written parental permission is obtained in advance.
- Record all accidents and ensure that the relevant Accident Form is completed.
- Ensure both management and parents/guardians are informed of any incidents.
- Ensure attending children with medical conditions declared are monitored closely and medication stored appropriately.
- As a qualified First Aider, administer first aid as required.
- Be familiar with, and work within the Council's Health and Safety Policy, Child Protection Policy and Regulations.
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas used by the Summer Scheme including preparation and end of day cleaning duties.
- Assist in the assembling and dismantling of all equipment to be deployed as part of the Summer Scheme.
- Responsible for the daily registration of children at the beginning and end of each session.
- Carry out evaluation of summer scheme at the end of the programme.
- Responsible for implementing the Normal Operating Procedure and Emergency Action Plan to oversee the general safety of the public.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Duty Manager
The list of duties / responsibilities must not be considered comprehensive nor exhaustive. They are simply a summary of the main duties / responsibilities that the post holder will be required to undertake. No Job Description can cover every issue that may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time which are broadly consistent with those in this Job Description.
- Have attained a Third Level Qualification in one of the following areas: Education / Child Development / Childcare / Youth Work - Essential Criteria
- A current recognised First Aid Certificate e.g. British Red Cross, St. John's Ambulance, Order of Malta - Essential Criteria
- Child Protection Training - Desirable Criteria
- 6 months' relevant experience supervising and working with young people within the 5 - 11 age group - Essential Criteria
- Able to accurately maintain written records and reports - Essential Criteria
- Good oral communication and interpersonal skills - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work as part of a team - Essential Criteria
- Must be able to work for the full duration of the scheme - Essential Criteria
- Have a good knowledge of: - Essential Criteria
- Workplace Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Child protection issues
If you meet all of the above criteria and available for this position please submit your cv to email@example.com by Thursday 2nd June 2016 @ 12noon. CV's submitted after this time will not be considered.