Summer Scheme Playleader required for Downpatrick.
The post holder will be required to assist the Duty Manager with the day-to-day running of the Summer Scheme. This will involve the organisation and scheduling of a safe, stimulating and varied programme of play ensuring the wellbeing of children at all times.
- Design, deliver and manage a balanced daily programme of activities for children in the 5 - 11 age groups to meet a range of varying interests and ability
- Ensure that children are properly supervised at all times and supervise group outings according to guidelines; ensuring written parental permission is obtained in advance
- Record all accidents and ensure that the relevant Accident Form is completed.
- Ensure both management and parents/guardians are informed of any incidents
- Ensure attending children with medical conditions declared are monitored closely and medication stored appropriately.
- As a qualified First Aider, administer first aid as required.
- Be familiar with, and work within the Council's Health and Safety Policy, Child Protection Policy and Regulations.
- Assist in the assembling and dismantling of all equipment to be deployed as part of the Summer Scheme.
- Responsible for the daily registration of children at the beginning and end of each session.
- Carry out evaluation of summer scheme at the end of the programme.
- Responsible for implementing the Normal Operating Procedure and Emergency Action Plan to oversee the general safety of the public
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Duty Manager
- Maintain a high level of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas used by the Summer Scheme including preparation and end of day cleaning duties.
- 3rd level relevant qualification in ONE of the following: (Education, Child Development, Childcare, Youth work)
- Current Frist Aid Certificate
- At least 6 months experience with supervising and working with young people between 5 - 11 age group
- Available from 3rd July - 25th August
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS WEDNESDAY 19TH APRIL @ 5.00 PM
Salary £9.37 per hr