Level 2 Engineer
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Level 2 Support Engineer into their team in Belfast.
Duration: Day Rate Contract Role, 3- months with possibility of extension
Location: Belfast City Centre
- Typically engineering/science degree or has served a technical apprenticeship and obtained NVQ and further education technical qualifications (i.e. HND).
- ITTL certification
- Formal vendor training to professional certification standards, e.g. Citrix, MCP, MCTIP, MCSE, Dell, HP certified systems engineer etc.
- Active Directory/Group policy
- SQL Cluster Installation and Admin on base Windows OS (2003/2008/2012) with Microsoft SQL server (2000/2005/2008/2012).
- Microsoft exchange installation and admin experience based on 2007/2010/2013
- DNS & DHCP Implementation and Administration.
- AV experience in products like Trend, McAfee, Sophos
- SCCMWindows 2008/2012 administration and troubleshooting experience
- Citrix Xenapp/Desktop administration and troubleshooting experience
- Netscaler experience
- Websense experience
- Demonstrates competence in own area and may still be acquiring higher level skill.
- Typically works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge
- Deepens knowledge/skills in one area or broadens ability over a variety of skills.
- Applies knowledge/skills to a variety of standard day to day activities.
- Identifies unusual technical problems
- Responds to client requests in non-standard situations, and investigates all the facts.
- Understands the key business drivers; and uses this knowledge to focus own work
- Works to control costs related to own work.
- Identifies the problem and all relevant issues in straightforward situations; is able to generate possible solutions and assess each using standard procedures, leading to a sound decision.
- Prioritises and organises own work to deliver to agreed deadlines.
- Probes and listens carefully.
- Able to present information clearly and in an appropriate style to make technical information clear.
- Persuades others in straightforward situations.
- Able to contribute actively in team activities, sharing experience and ideas.
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of professional communities relevant to the LOB and uses the PC development framework to maximise the potential of themselves, their team and the wider team.
If you are interested in this role please forward your CV via the link.