Job Title: Swimming Teacher
Scale: £10.71 per hour (FTE 37 hours per week)
Hours: Up to 35 per week Location: Tropicana, Newcastle
Duration: 1 July to 31 August 2017
Main Purpose of Post/Job Summary
To be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive and structured programme of swimming lessons.
To promote physical well-being and improved health through swimming teaching activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To develop, adapt and deliver suitable structured programmes of lessons for the public, schools and other groups as per the recognised national standards.
- To develop work programmes with realistic targets for groups and to prepare pupils for examination to suit their levels of ability.
- To comply with Safety in Swimming Pools Regulations and internal Codes of Practice including supervision, life guarding, hygiene and safety procedures.
- To follow agreed accident procedure, and administer first aid if required.
- To undertake associated clerical duties including class attendance, records of pupils' progress and examination documentation.
- To ensure equipment is in a safe condition and any defects reported immediately. To reorder stock as required.
- STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching Level 2. OR Swim Ireland Teaching Aquatics Level 2 qualification or equivalent qualification - Essential criteria
- Current National Pool Lifeguarding qualification assessed at 2 meters and includes spinal board assessment - Essential criteria
- Recognised First Aid Certificate e.g. British Red Cross, St John Ambulance, Order of Malta - Desirable Criteria
- Previous experience teaching swimming in structured environment e.g. devising lesson plans, keeping records etc - Essential Criteria
- Have a good knowledge of: Role of Lifeguard / Workplace Health & Safety /First Aid - Essential Criteria
- Ability to work as part of a team - Essential Criteria
- Ability to keep accurate records of training and competency - Essential Criteria
- Attend on going training to maintain National Pool Lifeguard Qualification - Essential Criteria
- Must be available to work for the duration of the post, including public and bank holidays and overtime as required (all candidates will be expected to be available for additional hours, should the services require) - Essential Criteria
If you meet the above criteria and available for the duration of this position, please submit your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 12th May @ 12noon. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.