Our client, a large Public Sector organisation, require a temporary Technical Advisor to join their team in Belfast.
Pay rate: £12.07 per hour
Duration: 6-12 months
Hours: 37 hours per week
The job holder works in a small team to provide a direct front line service to developers,agents and house builders. The team deals with New Housing Developments inclusive of planning consultations, and manages procedures for water and drainage infrastructure to service development. The team will deal directly with developers and their agents along with other government bodies.
- Respond to customer connection applications and inquiries, within the target timescales by providing accurate and timely responses
- Delivery of KPIs to meet Company, Function Team and Personal Objectives
- Keep accurate records
- Provide input to public representative queries as required
Strategy and Policy
- Have an awareness of and know how the legislation is specifically applied for the provision of connections to new and existing properties and for servicing new and brown field development
- Meet Company, Team and Personal KPIs
- Will be an integral part of a small compact team of five L6 Technical Advisors supported by two Technical Assessors, and headed by a Customer Connections Manger (L5) reporting to the Developers Services Manager
Colleagues and Customers
- Needs to be a good communicator, able to work within a team setting, have a good rapport with the general public and specifically developers and house builders
- Customer Compliance standards and agreed targets within relevant MoUs
Applicants MUST be able to demonstrate in their application form and where necessary at interview:
- A minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering or a Water Industry Certificate.
- At least 2 year's relevant working experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
- A current valid driving licence which will enable you to fulfil your responsibilities
Applications will also be considered from applicants with relevant formal qualifications considered by the selection panel to be of an equivalent or higher standard to those stated above. If putting forward an equivalent qualification please provide the type of qualification & date awarded. The date awarded is the date on which you were notified of your result by the official awarding body. If you believe your qualification is equivalent to the one required, the onus is on you to provide the panel with details of modules studied etc so that a well informed decision can be made
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.