This role is positioned within the facilities team. The main emphasis is in the set up of AV equipment and room layout for internal and external customers. The role extends into providing assistance to other members of the technical team in relation to the maintenance and repair of the building.
Provide a comprehensive service to internal and external customers in the set up of audiovisual, computer and other equipment.
Take responsibility for room layout including moving and set up of furniture.
Assist with the staging of demonstrations, events or displays for internal and external customers, including assisting with the assembly of temporary exhibitions.
Assist external corporate users to set up events to their specification, this may require using AV and other equipment on their behalf.
Assist with the security of the building
Assist with the repair of the fabric and finishes of the building and the exhibits. This will include painting and under supervision, minor plumbing and joinery work.
Provide cover via the Weekend Roster for first line maintenance of all areas of the business including interactive exhibits, fabric and building facilities and AV support. This will require [after training has been provided] working unsupervised to prioritise urgent maintenance issues to ensure high standards and a safe environment are maintained at all times
Provide basic maintenance for company vehicles. This is limited to oil, water tyre pressure checks.
Assist with the energy management of the building
Assist staff with their duties as may be required for the operation of the business.
Maintaining excellent working relationships with other staff, customers and volunteers.
To be committed to health and safety, child protection and other policies procedures.
All staff will be expected to be flexible and to undertake such other duties that may be required in operation; this includes working evening, weekends and public holidays.
The successful candidate will be expected to be prepared and able to learn new skills as needed to meet the facility management needs of the business.
Minimum Essential Criteria
- 2 year's experience within the last five years in either:-Event Setup or Facilities Management.
- 1 year's experience in the last five years of setting up audiovisual equipment
- Competent user of all of the Microsoft package.
- Proven ability to work in a team and on their own initiative.
- Proven ability to provide good customer care [both internal & external]
- Good communication skills including the ability to forge close working relationship both with the staff and customer/visitors
- Ability to work on your own initiative and to work accurately under pressure
- Willingness to be flexible, work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends and public holidays)
Desirable criteria to complement core essential experience
- Experience in building maintenance.
- Ability to undertake basic maintenance work including painting, cleaning etc.
- An understanding of electrical and plumbing systems.
If you meet the above criteria please forward CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Paul Farr on 02890242824.