Buyer - £23,000 - £25,000 - Co. Antrim
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Buyer to join a highly successful international manufacturing organisation based in Co. Antrim. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven and ambitious individual to join a rapidly expanding manufacturing organisation which is experiencing continued growth within its sector.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager your primary objective is the planning, prioritising and procurement of material, parts and tools for new product development.
* Procurement of materials, tools and ensuring that all items on Bills of Materials are ready for the start of each build.
* Creation of BOMs for prototype build stage using a standard Excel format. Maintaining BOMs / updating within prototype development stage in conjunction with Engineering.
* Assignment of procurement system part numbers using I-Caps. Negotiating with Suppliers costs and delivery dates and achieving the correct balance.
* Development of batch costs to support the pilot build phase and finalisation of cost for project reviews.
* Monitoring delivery dates of prototype BOM material and track material arrival into stores.
* Organising Engineering stores for prototype material and assist with the efficient maintenance of Stores and the removal of material which is no longer required after completion of successful Prototype and Pilot builds.
* Fully skilled in the use of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Good general standard of education
* Good negotiating skills and the ability to achieve the best outcome for the company.
* Ability to prioritise your own work schedule
* Ability to work on their own initiative as well as a member of a team
* Fluent written and oral English language
* Third level degree in Engineering or an equivalent third level qualification in a related technical field
For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333 or submit your CV via the link.