Technical Buyer - £30,000 - £35,000 - Co. Antrim
Grafton Recruitment is currently welcoming applications from experienced Technical Buyers to join our client, a global manufacturing organisation, on a permanent basis at their site in Co. Antrim.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Manager and working within the Global Operations and Sourcing Team, your main duties will include:
* Engage Design Engineers to materialize cost reductions related to product improvements and/or replacements
* Participate in global teams, as program Leader or team member for key cost reduction or initiative.
* Develop strategic supply base risk mitigation strategies for key supplier programs.
* Lead in resolution of supplier quality issues, launch of new tooling, etc.
* Ability to communicate expectations, audit supplier processes, develop and manage new suppliers and conduct periodic supplier reviews.
* Evaluate and analyze cost reduction ideas- Find and evaluate cost reduction opportunities from the technical side, as well as analyze Supplier Cost Reduction proposals. Present these opportunities to decision makers to evaluate resources needed for implementation.
* Program Management - Global Program Leader for key cost reduction programs. These programs could include supplier changes, supplier relocations to low cost regions, negotiations, design changes, etc.
* Material Cost Reduction Reporting - Support the creation of all material cost reduction forecasts, including the Annual Plan (AP) with quarterly updates, and the Long Range Plan (LRP). Reconcile and report on actual vs. plan.
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering
* 5-10 years Supply Chain, Quality or Operations experience
* Purchasing qualification
* Program Management
Please note this role will involve some European Travel (roughly 15-25%). In return you will receive a highly competitive salary, training, development and promotion opportunities. For further information please contact Craig on 02890323333.